5. Cost of Living – Hamilton offers amazing value when it comes to owning a home. Compare the average sale prices in August 2013 in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) at $503,094 next to Hamilton's affordable average of $252,658. Offering century old homes and brand new builds, Towns and Condos from 700-15,000 sq. feet, purchasing Real Estate in Hamilton is a great choice.
4. Great Employment Opportunities – Time and time again, Hamilton boasts a lower unemployment rate than the national average. Hamilton Health Sciences (a dynamic and growing industry) employs nearly 10,000 employees. Finance, Bioscience and Education are all heavy employers in Hamilton and Hamilton's manufacturing sectors continue to need skilled trade workers.
3. Diversity – There is something for everyone in Hamilton! Featuring a growing art community on James Street North, ethnic restaurants of vast variety, theatre performances, stock car racing in Flamborough, and any number of outdoor activities along the Niagara Escarpment, Hamilton Waterfront and Bruce Trail, Hamilton truly does have something for everyone!
2. Location, location, location! – Living in Hamilton allows you to choose the lifestyle you want! Craving the night life and vibe of a large city? Downtown Toronto is a mere 45 minutes away. Want to explore the quiet roads of the farming community? Family farms featuring local produce, fruits and homestyle baking are open from early spring to late fall. Feel like a day of kitchy tourist traps? Niagara Fall is just down the road. Hamilton's centrality allows you to take advantage of everything other areas have to offer while allowing you to retire to the comfort of home.
1. The People – I know it sounds cliché, but the people of Hamilton are the best in the world! It is the people of Hamilton that draw me here – authentic, hardworking, caring, friendly people. It's where I want to raise my kids; it is where I want to get to know my neighbours. It is the place I would like to introduce you to!
Welcome to Hamilton, Ontario, The Best Community in the World!
(It has been scientifically proven!)